The topic of weight loss is the subject of the era, as it preoccupies many, especially with the high proportion of obesity and overweight, and to learn the ways to lose weight, we must first know what is obesity.
Obesity is defined as the accumulation of fat in the body to a certain level that interferes with health. Obesity and overweight increase the risk of many chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, sleep apnea, osteoarthritis , Some types of cancer, some gallbladder diseases, breathing problems, high risk of complications of pregnancy and complications during surgery, as well as psychological problems and the social consequences of obesity and weight gain.
There are many ways to treat obesity, including health and non-healthy, and this article talks about the methods used to treat obesity and its safety and success, and which methods are the best and most successful.
Ways to treat obesity
Because weight loss is a dream for many, and because people are willing to pay for losing weight, unhealthy or unhealthy road marketers will succeed in spreading the ways they lose weight, especially if they promise to lose weight quickly. Of the tens of thousands of ways in which weight loss claims are successful, only a few successful methods are successful, and some weight loss methods promoted can not only be ineffective but also dangerous to human health. Some of these solutions come to mind Many.
Deceptive ways to lose weight
Some of the futile ways to lose weight include:
There are many fad diets, so-called fattening fevers or fashion feces. These diets attract many people to them with their weight loss. They often set excessive targets in weight loss. They also recommend diets that are not nutritionally adequate. Many of the wrong diets promoted are dangerous to health, ranging from negative effects such as headaches, nausea, and dizziness, to serious effects that may lead to death, and ways that can help identify fevers and tricks that exploit the need The S for weight loss as follows:
- The promise of a large loss of weight in short periods, while the weight loss should be gradual and do not exceed a kilogram per week.
- The diet should not be less than 1200 calories for women and 1500 calories for men. Diet should also provide adequate protein intake without significant increase and sufficient amount of fat without increasing. Vitamins and minerals are available by diversifying from all food groups, as well as containing enough water.
- Reliance on drinks or liquids rather than food, while diet should provide a suitable food for the person’s environment and culture, food preferences and what suits him physically.
- Trying to make the consumer dependent on special products, while the right diet should learn how to make good nutritional choices and choices from the foods they have.
- These methods fail to stimulate lifelong lifestyle changes, while the diet should provide a system of exercise to burn at least 300 calories per day, as well as behavior modification strategies to correct the wrong dietary habits drastically for life.
- These programs place an officer in charge of their sales as an expert who advises people. This system is not true, no matter how high a person is trained. There is a clear contradiction in offering proper nutrition advice when the diet counselor or product is directly benefiting from their sales.
- These programs can ask for a large amount of money at the beginning of the follow-up to oblige the person to continue, or request a contract between them and the consumer, while the correct diet must follow the partial payment system with each step. These diets fail to explain the risk of weight loss or what may follow. The person should be defined from the start with the rates of abandonment of diet, long-term success, and possible negative effects of diet.
- Work on marketing weight loss products has not been scientifically proven to have an effective role in weight loss, such as chorionic gonadotropin, diuretics, starch inhibitors, sauna belts and other body wraps, passive exercise, Chinese acupuncture, Amino, and others.
- These methods fail to maintain weight loss after the end of the program.
Many people take over-the-counter obesity medication, while the majority of these medications are not approved by the Food and Medication Administration, and many may have side effects.
Herbal products and supplements
Many people resort to natural products or supplements to lose weight, while they can be ineffective or unsafe, since if the substance is a natural herb it does not mean it is safe and can result in many side effects that can be dangerous. For example, ephedra is commonly used in herbal weight loss products, but it has a lot of harmful effects. Many people use herbs that cause diarrhea, which can be sold as a tea for diet. Weight loss, while the absorption of food gets mainly at the top of the small intestine, these herbs affect the lower part of the large intestine, and the side effects that can be caused by these products include diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, cramps, These products have caused death in some rare cases of women who worked to reduce the amount of eating their food is exaggerated.
The hot bath, the sauna, or the steam rooms do not help dissolve body fat. It is claimed that if the weight loss is due to water loss and dryness of the body, not to the loss of fat, creams, sponges, and products placed on the body or wrapped in the body Do not reduce cellulite because cellulite is something that does not exist.
Treatment of obesity with medication and surgical procedures
Approved medication or surgical procedures can be used to treat obesity, but these options are not used unless the degree of obesity is justified. The benefit of using these methods is greater than the risks or side effects and complications that can result from them. Excessive and associated health risks can be necessary to justify the use of such solutions.
Treatment By medication:
Scientific research has tended to look for medication to treat obesity by explaining that obesity is a chronic disease and should be treated like any other chronic disease which is considered an essential part of the treatment. However, with the success of some medication in weight loss, long-term use causes health damage. Weight loss medication is based on the principle of curbing appetite, or on the principle of reducing the ability of the body to absorb fat, such as orlistat.
Surgical Obesity Treatment:
These processes reduce the size of the stomach, which reduces the secretion of the hormone ghrelin responsible for the feeling of hunger, and these processes are usually effective in weight loss, but depends on the effectiveness and success of the commitment to the doctor’s instructions after the process, especially the instructions for the diet, Safety and the amount of side effects resulting also from the patient’s commitment to the doctor’s instructions, and complications that can occur immediately after these operations, inflammation, nausea, vomiting and dehydration, and can lead to a deficiency in some vitamins and minerals and some psychological problems T long-term. The person undergoing this type of operation must remain under medical follow-up for life. Some people also resort to liposuction, which is a cosmetic surgery that does not treat obesity in its cause but treats its external form, which may make it a temporary solution if it is not followed by a treatment for obesity and diet modification and lifestyle. Although liposuction is generally safe, May cause serious complications resulting in death. Alternative surgery solutions such as the balloon are available, but these solutions are temporary and do not diminish diet, exercise and lifestyle modification for long-term results.
The best way to treat obesity
The most successful and best ways to lose weight are those that adopt gradual simple changes, moderate weight loss, and the development of logical goals, while working on the treatment of wrong nutritional behaviors gradually, the method of weight loss should be based on a full assessment of the nutritional status of the individual, The diet should give you lower calories than a person needs to maintain their weight but not to overly reduce them. Diet should also contain adequate amounts of all nutrients, so calories should not fall below 1200 calories This makes it difficult to provide all the nutrients in the diet.
A person who follows a weight-loss diet should take fewer portions of his meals with more meals, focus on low-calorie foods and avoid high-calorie foods such as fried foods and sugar-rich foods. The person who seeks to lose weight must exercise to increase the level of energy (calories) burned by the body, and sports contribute to the lifting of the body indirectly, and by activating the metabolism, Improve muscle mass in the body, and muscle tissue works to support increased and continuous calorie burning and weight loss. The sport also regulates appetite. Unlike what many believe that sport increases appetite, it frees energy compounds and raises them in the blood, reducing appetite, discouraging the functioning of the digestive system, So people do not feel hungry right after the sport, but they need to rest after the sport before they feel hungry.
Correct obesity treatment involves modifying and changing erroneous behaviors by identifying these behaviors, developing strategies to treat them, and developing alternative behavioral plans in the event of failure. The first option should also be considered in nutrition therapy strategies to establish logical objectives Realistic, that the changes be gradual and that the willingness and degree of readiness of the person be taken into consideration.