Taking care of large quantities of vegetable and fruits is essential for a balanced diet that provides the body with all the necessary requirements for healthy growth, without being overwhelmed by another type, especially fresh vegetable, as it is an essential part of different types of food.
Vegetables are varieties of food that are eaten cooked, and eaten as pickles to eat either individually or with other materials, and can also be used parts of these plants, such as: leaves such as cabbage, cabbage and grape leaves, or roots such as carrots, or seeds such as beans, beans and peas .
1. Vegetable Sections
Vegetables can be divided by color into the following sections:
- Green vegetables such as beans, peas, cucumbers, and leafy vegetables.
- Yellow vegetables such as carrots.
- Red vegetables like tomatoes, red cabbage.
- White vegetables such as cabbage, potatoes.
Vegetables contain very few calories when compared to other foods, so we must eat them daily to the need of our bodies to vitamins and salts in them, and cannot be dispensed with.
2. Importance of Vegetables
- Vegetables are foods that are low in fat, and if found in some varieties, they are easy to absorb fat, which is the source of fiber, and vegetables are a source of essential carbohydrates that provide energy to the body.
- Vegetables are rich in syrups and iron available in legumes.
- Vegetables contain high levels of water, giving the body many benefits such as: facilitating digestion, and flexibility of body organs.
- The most important thing that vegetables contain cellulose, which is not absorbed by the body; it remains inside the intestine activates its work, acts as a natural laxative of the digestive system, and activates the glands to secrete digestive enzymes, so it enters the installation of some special drugs to treat constipation.
- Among the most important varieties of vegetables, the most important and most used are:
Tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, cabbage, onions, spinach, cucumber, mallow, beans, lettuce, radish, squash.
- These items have great nutritional value because they contain substances that help prevent the growth of bacteria in the digestive system.
3. How to choose the best types of vegetables?
- Vegetables are agricultural products that may be damaged or damaged during their transfer from the farm to the market. Therefore, vegetables must be selected without damage, and their outer shape is intact, non-curly, and its color indicates its safety, and most importantly it is full maturity and medium size.
- Care should be taken to clean the vegetables well, especially from the residues of agricultural pesticides or the materials that are attached to them, as some of them are eaten without cooking such as paper, so be soaked with water and salt for about half an hour before ingestion.
4. What is the benefit of vegetables?
Source of Vitamins
Vegetables contain only a few calories and fat but contain good amounts of vitamins and minerals. All vegetables with their various colors and various types are rich in calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, beta-carotene, complex B vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin K.
Vegetables are the source of many antioxidants that help protect the human body from oxidative stress, diseases, and cancers, and help the body develop its ability to fight disease and promote immunity.
Fiber is an important nutrient that is abundant in plant foods. Fiber helps remove bad cholesterol and removes it from the arteries, thereby reducing the risk of heart disease. The US Department of Agriculture says fiber also helps to reduce gastrointestinal problems, Blood sugar levels and also help reduce cancer.
Eating vegetables with daily meals is very beneficial to your body’s health and also helps you lose weight because vegetables can make our meals larger and give us a sense of satiety. It should include a fresh vegetable dish such as green beans, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and cabbage. The feeling of fullness for a longer period where water and fiber in vegetables can give him a sense of satiety more than the carbohydrates treated with a lack of fiber, and by combining vegetables, healthy fats and protein, you maintain the integrity of your metabolism, starchy vegetables Winter pumpkins are higher in calories but also good for weight loss.